Nathan Brindle <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 25 Feb 1998 09:07:58 EST
On Wed, 25 Feb 1998 09:40:40 +1000 you said:
>> WEB_BROWSER_CONFIRM=0
>
>One question regarding this: do people still have to log into the web
>interface (i.e. email and password) before they get to post and stuff?
>I'd assume so.

Depends on what you mean by "post and stuff" :)  If they want to post via
the web interface and the list is not open for public posting, yes, they'll
have to prove who they are before they post by logging in.  I can see how
this might happen on a list that's got public archives but is restricted
regarding who can post to it, e.g., Send= Private.

>I'm interested because I've just given a tutorial on how to subscribe
>and post to a list via the Web interface.  Several people asked why,
>when they'd just got a password and signed in to subscribe to the list,
>they then had to sign in again to post to it.  Will setting WEB_BROWSER_
>CONFIRM=0 change this?

No, this changes only how LISTSERV reacts when it receives command mail
emanating from a web browser mail client.  It has nothing to do with the
web archive interface (or with posting to the list, for that matter).

Nathan