Ballew Kinnaman <[log in to unmask]>
Sun, 19 Nov 2000 11:01:50 -0800
Dear LSTSRV-L Folks,

If you can, please help?

I have a former, banned member of the Thyroid
Discussion group (4 years old, ~600 members)
who is threatening (among other things) to re-join
the group under another name. This person broke
several of our published rules, and received
several warnings, before being removed. After the
misbehavior continued, this person was eventually
banned (Filter =).

What's a Listowner to do?

I *think* I know how to deal with this situation,
however I'm always learning new things and new
approaches from this and other list-owner groups, so
I thought I'd ask for your advice and input on this
issue, please.

This 'problem child' has multiple e-mail accounts
(and two or more Internet Service Providers), and
claims to be in private (one-to-one) contact with
many current members of the Thyroid group.

I've put the subscription setting on "by owner" and
I'm watching new subscriptions.

What >else< should I consider doing, please??

 Pax,
Ballew Kinnaman <[log in to unmask]> 206/463-2322
Discussion list owner: Allergy, Arthritis, PCHealth, Rubber, Thyroid

Thyroid
Discussion Group http://www.Emissary.Net/thyroid/index.html