Ben Parker <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 13 May 2014 12:06:56 -0600
On Mon, 12 May 2014 22:03:00 +0000, Matthew Black <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:

>Trying to deal with the Yahoo DMARC problem and am first configuring our system for Domain Keys.

This may not be helpful to the DMARC issue.

>The documentation (Site Manager's Operations Manual, Chapter 15) isn't very clear.
>
>What is the difference between the single domain specified in the d= option of the private key and the multi-valued LISTSERV setting DKIM_SIGN? If I specify multiple domains in DKIM_SIGN, do I need a separate domain.DKIM file for each in the LISTSERV directory?

Generally you would set d=example.com in the example.DKIM file and
DKIM_SIGN=example.com *.example.com

But if you also want to sign for 'other.com' then you need another DKIM file
for that domain (with d=other.com) and then

DKIM_SIGN=example.com *.example.com other.com *.other.com

>Our LISTSERV runs out of a different domain than our users. Is LISTSERV signing on behalf of the list itself or the message originator?

Always and only on behalf of the list, never for the message originator.
(Which is why it may not be helpful for DMARC issues.)

>When an @yahoo.com user sends a message through LISTSERV, does the message get DKIM signed?

If LISTSERV is correctly configured, then all list messages should be
signed, regardless of From: address.