Francoise Becker <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 19 Jan 2006 19:24:57 -0500
On 19 Jan 2006 at 13:22, Chris Mead <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> I am attempting to disable POST-NOTAUTH emails from being sent out. I have
> configured the POST-NOTAUTH template with .QQ for all lists on the server
> but the emails continue to be sent out. We are using Listserv 1.8d.
>
> Snippet:
> You  are  not  authorized  to  send   mail  to  the  ****  list  from  your
> **@** account

That's not possible in 1.8d.

A lot of changes to templates were introduced in LISTSERV 14.3, so
upgrading to the latest version will let you do what you want. In
14.3 and beyond, the template you want is MSG_POSTING_REJECT_NOTAUTH.

See:
http://www.lsoft.com/manuals/1.8e/relnotes/LISTSERV_mail_templates.html

--
Francoise Becker

What are your favorite LISTSERV(R) announcement lists?
Submit nominations by December 1, 2005
for the LISTSERV Choice Awards Announcement Award
http://www.lsoft.com/news/choiceawards.asp