"Mark R. Williamson" <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 27 Aug 2003 08:46:35 -0500
>For some reason, the Listserv I manage at listmail.temple.edu has gotten
>onto the anti-spamming filter at Spews.relays.OsiruSoft.com

Reportedly, the relays.osirusoft.com blocking list has shut down,
probably due to continuing distributed denial of service (DDoS)
attacks.  It now returns "positive" (127.0.0.2) for ANY address, with
a text record of "Please stop using relays.osirusoft.com".

>but I cannot
>seem to access this server via the web to find out how to remove my
>Listserver from it. I get a server not found when I try to go to
>http://relays.osirusoft.com/faq.html (which I found via Google) to find
>out how to get off this system's black list.
>
>I never received any notice from this relays.osirusoft.com that
>listmail.temple.edu was a candidate for inclusion in its filtering
>service.

They don't seem to have notified anybody beforehand.

>I did just send email to [log in to unmask] and
>[log in to unmask] to see if any assistance is available that
>way, but I haven't heard back from them yet.
>
>Any suggestions on how to deal with this issie will be appreciated.

Ask the sites using the blocking list to do their homework.  They
should be able to verify quickly that relays.orisusoft.com is no
longer operating a meaningful blocking list.

--Mark