David Boyes <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 29 Oct 1996 10:24:45 +0000
(Check your POP client configuration -- it's sending your messages as
one very long line which makes it difficult to read. Reformatted
output follows).

> I have a problem with using lsofts listserver product and our pop
> server.  L-soft's listserver application leaves the 'from' address
> empty when it replies, and our pop server, which is running on
> solaris2.5, and it is 'version 1.831beta' does not recognize it as a
> message when the 'from' field is blank.  Has anyone run into this?

This is a POP client problem, not a LISTSERV problem. You don't
mention what your POP client software is, so it's hard to give any
concrete recommendations other than if the POP server is accepting
mail without a valid From: line, you should fix that ASAP. POP
clients should be submitting fully formatted messages, not relying on
the server to fix things up. LISTSERV gets involved only after the
POP servers are done.

David Boyes