Eric Thomas <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 23 Jan 1992 18:08:48 +0100
On Thu,  23 Jan  1992 18:03:56  IST David  Sitman <[log in to unmask]>
said:

>Apparently, they  asked Eric for a  copy of Listserv for  inspection two
>years ago and then never got back to him.

Believe it or not, they got back to me just a couple hours ago!

>2. Are there other "lurking Listservs" out there?

Yes, a  bunch of them. They  simply don't answer mail,  often because the
person in charge left for greener  pastures, his account was not deleted,
and nobody  ever checks it. Quite  often, the BITEARN NODES  data is also
outdated, and  POSTMASTER either  doesn't work or  points to  someone who
doesn't answer mail.  These are usually sites which are  upgrading to the
operating system  of the  1990's soon  and where the  VM machine  is left
dying on an "as is" basis until  some local condition allows it to be put
out of pain.

  Eric