Brad Knowles <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 8 May 1997 17:29:10 -0400
> Just from my own lists, AOL stands to lose about 60 members.  Maybe
> that's a drop in the bucket or maybe it's the tip of the iceberg.

    Compare those sixty to thousands, hundreds of thousands, millions
of users who complain on a *daily* basis about the volume of crap
they get, and what the *&^#@*^$*&Q^$#*&#@^$*&%^$*&$_^$&*^*#@^$#@^
[large volumes of words unfit for any human being to hear or read
omitted] are we doing to fix this?

    Complaints about junkmail were the single number one complaint
before the flat fee/access debacle, and now that access is well on
it's way to being solved, complaints about junkmail are again the
number one item on the hit parade.

    When something is the single number one item your users complain
about, what do you do?

> I know this isn't the place for this, but seems to me, one of the
> first rules of running a business is keeping the customers satisfied.
> If they aren't satisfied, they go elsewhere.

    Absolutely!!!  Thank you!

    Thank you for proving my point so very precisely.

    We *are* doing our level best to keep our customers satisfied
(on the whole).  We recognize that some small percentage of them
will be worse off as a result of this change, but we believe that,
on the whole, the situation will be greatly improved and most users
will appreciate it.

    The vast majority of the feedback I've gotten so far supports
this belief.

--
Brad Knowles                                MIME/PGP: [log in to unmask]
    Senior Unix Administrator              <http://www.his.com/~brad/>