Fri, 18 Aug 1995 02:08:48 GMT
Copied from news.admin.net-abuse.misc.  Thought you folks would want to pass
this on.

Greetings and Salutations:

Subject: Jeff Slaton changed address.  Last one his home?
From: [log in to unmask]
>This idiot seems sufficiently stupid and arrogant to have
>posted his home address previous.
<snip>
>Whatever it was that people did the last time, it worked!
>Please do it again.

Even tho' I don't know if it was a scheme like this, I have a
suggestion for everybody that has been hit by Jeff Slaton, TMI
"Cheap International Phone Calls" or by "Krazy Kevin Magazines or
cheap phone calls" Spams.  The "bingo card" technique works for
* any * of the hit & run spammers.  The basic idea is that they flood
the Internet with junk mail, so why don't we return the favor and
flood their business with junk postal mail?

We all get plastic card packs in the mail that have the postage paid
"send this card back to company X with your address and we will send
you back information" or the magazines with the postage paid "bingo"
cards where you circle numbers for more information.

Do the spammer a favor, print out a few (or a few dozen) labels
while you are sitting at your computer (I * love * 3-up labels &
Microsoft Word 6.0, just type in the address (adding a little to
make it look "official" of course :-)) and under the Tools menu
choose "Enveloped and Labels", it automatically makes the label
sheets for you) and paste them onto these cards & send them in.
Bingo, in a few weeks they will have more mail than they ever knew
what to do with.

All it costs is a little of your time and the costs of labels * plus *
a whole lot of satisfaction knowing what will happen.  If every
one that got pissed off sent in just 10 cards, then the spammer
would be SOL in about a week.

Below are (from their own hands, which makes it even sweeter) the
spammers names & addresses.

Jeff Slaton, the Atomic Bomb Blueprint / the How To Spam email list
spams :

Jeff and Sandy Slaton kitchen phone, (505) 822-8919
Jeff Slaton business phone message system (505) 821-1945

Home :
Jeff Slaton
6808 Truchas Dr. NE
Albuquerque, New Mexico  87109
USA

Drop Box :
Jeff Slaton
5901 J. Wyoming Blvd. NE, Suite #284
Albuquerque, New Mexico  87109
USA

TMI       "Providing Discount Telephone Services World-Wide"
849 Almar Street, Suite C-279
Santa Cruz, CA  95060
Tel. 408-429-5400 - Fax 408-429-6100
Email [log in to unmask]

From : -- InterNIC Registration Services Center  --
whois tmi.org : Record last updated on 28-Nov-94.
TMI (TMI2-DOM), 355 Western Drive Santa Cruz, CA 95060
Domain Name: TMI.ORG
Administrative Contact: Bundren, Scott  (SB191)
[log in to unmask] (408) 457-7764

Technical Contact, Zone Contact: Van Brink, Qarin  (QVB)
[log in to unmask] 408 457-5050 FAX 408 457-1020

Kevin Jay Lipsitz
Krazy Kevin Mag Club
Att. Cyberlink Dept.
PO Box 120990
Staten Island, NY
            10312-0990
FAX 718-967-1144

Kevin Jay Lipsitz
Agent #319
Cyberlink
5855 Topanga Canyon Blvd.
Suite 520
Woodland Hills, CA
                91367
Cyberlink Customer Service 1-800-266-2006

Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards for they are easily angered.
This user wishes to remain anonymous because of job considerations.
E-Mail : [log in to unmask] - Gandalf The White