Jim Conklin <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 31 Aug 1994 10:07:51 -0400
At  9:19 PM 8/29/94 -0400, Eric Thomas wrote:
>Over the  last few days  we have  been receiving very  disturbing reports
>from some of our customers, who were called on the phone by CREN ...

  CREN has been calling many of its members to confirm that they wish to
use the LISTSERV-NJE and/or LMail upgrades which have recently been shipped
by L-Soft under an amendment to the CREN - L-SOFT Agreement.  The reason
for CREN's calls is that it agreed to pay L-Soft (as anticipated under the
original Agreement) for the upgrades to all sites that wished to receive
them, and CREN didn't want to waste its funds on upgrades for sites which
didn't wish to use them.
  Sites which did not request continued support of L-Soft products through
CREN by the original June 30 cutoff date must, in general, now procure that
support directly from L-Soft, from which it is, of course, available.
  There is an exception to this, however:
  For a variety of reasons, some CREN members who requested continued
support for L-Soft products under the original CREN - L-SOFT Agreement were
not initially accepted for such support.  In order to be fair to such
members, CREN and L-Soft agreed in the amendment to include them, and CREN
has also been calling those members to confirm that they still wanted this
support.  According to our records, the following sites have accepted
continuing L-Soft support through CREN, either prior to June 30 under the
auspices of the original Agreement or through the special provisions of the
amendment:
>   ASUACAD  133 *
>   AUVM     133 *
>   BITNIC   133 *
>   BROWNVM  133 *
>   CALPOLY  133 *
>   CFRVM    100 *
>   CUNYVM   133 *
>   GWUVM    100 *
>   IDBSU    100 *
>   IUBVM    133 *
>   KENTVM   133 *
>   LATECH   133 *
>   MITVMA   133 *
>   MIZZOU1  133 *
>   NIHLIST  100 *
>   NKI      133 *
>   OCC      133 *
>   PSUORVM  133 *
>   PSUVM    133 *
>   PUCC     133 *
>   SUVM     100 *
>   TCUBVM   133 *
>   TEMPLEVM 133 *
>   UABDPO   133 *
>   UCBCMSA  133 *
>   UGA      133 *
>   UHCCVM   133 *
>   UICVM    133 *
>   UIUCVMD  133 *
>   UIUCVM42 133 *
>   UKCC     133 *
>   UMDD     133 *
>   UMINN1   133 *
>   UMSLVMA  100 *
>   UTARLVM1 133 *
>   YALEVM   133 *
In the above, "133" indicates both LISTSERVE-NJE and LMail, and "100"
indicates only LISTSERV-NJE.
  Any other sites that believe they have are eligible to receive continuing
L-Soft support through CREN and wish to do so MUST CALL me TODAY at
202-331-5367, as today is the deadline specified under the amendment for
all member requests.  If you do not reach me, please call Ellen Shortill at
202-331-5361, who will try to locate me to take your call.
  I apologise for whatever confusion may have resulted from the CREN -
L-Soft Agreement and, like Eric, believe that, overall, the benefits
outweigh the confusion.

Jim Conklin