Turgut Kalfaoglu <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 27 Apr 90 10:05:16 GMT
As I said, I am not opposed to the split of the list, but it strikes me
as odd that Eric would go ahead and delete all EARN users without letting
me know. That way, an uninterrupted service could have been provided to
these users. Only a 'hey, I am going to split it' would have been enough
for me to create the list, and place the EARN members from 1.6 list to LSTERN-L

He split the list at a very untimely moment, since I am at the EARN office
in Paris, thus unable to do list maintenance (you have to be at the right
userid@nodeid for it) until Monday afternoon.

I'd like to stress that it IS a good idea to split the list, since the
confusion can be prevented when users try things like f=arc, SET list BSMTP...
which is a list that can only get bigger.

To prevent confusion, the name LSTERN-L will stay, but of course, the host
node need to be changed. I suggest TREARN for it to ease maintenance on me.

And yes Eric, you can send the old LSTSRV-L member list to TURGUT@TREARN,
so that I can create the list and add these people to the new list.
regards, -turgut