Rob Wideman <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 10 Jul 2012 16:12:02 -0400
This is Listserv 15 using SMTPL as the listener. This is a virtual machine running MS Server2k3 Standard SP2  (yes I would like to purchase support and be on the latest version, but it is not an option at the moment.)  Here is an example of the telnet connection.

220 LISTSERV.DELTA.EDU ready.
helo randomdomain.com
250 Go ahead.
ehlo randomdomain.com
500 Unknown command.

The Barracuda Spam and Virus boxes are running the latest version of software available.  I worked with Barracuda support and they indicated they could force the device to not use ESMTP and work with HELO only, but it would be across the entire device and would impact performance on my Exchange servers.

Thank you all for your comments, I am still looking for a solution other than "scrap everything that doesn't work"

Rob Wideman