Barak Moshe <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 20 May 2002 16:58:11 +0300
Hi,
Sending attachment to a large list can be an extra load on the system
(space-wise). What I do usually, is perform the following sequence, manually:

1. quiet set list-name nomail for *@*
2. send the attachments to list-name (nothing is sent out because of (1) above
   but a copy is archived.
3. quiet set list-name mail for *@*
4. send a short mail to list-name with the url of the proper archive.

With large lists/large attachments, the savings is huge, and there is just one
copy in the system.

The problem is that this procedure is not likely to be followed by some list
owners, secretaries etc and I wanted to either automate it or semi-automate it
through a script, a web page, etc.
I wonder if anyone has been doing something in this direction ?

Thanks!
Moshe