Eric Thomas <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 6 Sep 1994 22:28:35 +0200
On Tue, 6 Sep 1994 16:44:28 GMT+2 Pasztor Miklos
<[log in to unmask]> said:

> I would like to get rid from the following type of error message:
>
>>The enclosed mail file, found in the HBONE-L reader and shown under the
>>spooli  5648 in  the console  log, has  been identified  as a  possible
>>delivery erro  notice for the  following reason: "Sender:",  "From:" or
>>"Reply-To:" fiel pointing to the list has been found in mail body.
>>

> I would like to *allow* a message containing this kind of lines.

Add:

* Loopcheck= NoBody

> The  Listserv  documentation  warns  that  one  should  be  careful  if
> modifying the  LOOPCHECK attribute,  and contact lstsrv-l  before doing
> so.

Well, the  basic idea is  that if you disable  this filter, you  will get
mailing loops sooner or later unless  100% of your subscribers have fully
compliant mail systems and are  either directly connected to the Internet
or are gatewayed through fully compliant gateways. Which can very well be
true for  small local  lists, and  is invariably  wrong for  large public
lists.

  Eric