Francoise Becker <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 24 Jan 2006 15:58:45 -0500
On 23 Jan 2006 at 14:06, Kenny, Melissa S wrote:

> We are having a problem recently when sending commands to Listserv
> (version 1.8e.)  This is happening with commands which are answered with
> 2 messages, one to confirm the command and notify you that the results
> are being sent, and the other being the actual results; e.g. "info
> refcard" or "review."  Occasionally, it seems as if Listserv is
> assigning the same message ID to both messages.  When this happens, our
> Exchange 2000 system is "helpfully" removing one of the messages
> (usually the actual results, not the confirmation message,
> unfortunately.)

You may be a victim of a fast processor ;-)

In LISTSERV 14.3, the LISTSERV-generated Message-ID: header was
extended to prevent such duplication.

I recommend upgrading. There are a lot of useful things that have
been fixed and added since 1.8e.

--
Francoise Becker

Are you subscribed to an innovative LISTSERVr e-mail list?
Nominate it for the "LISTSERV Innovation Award" by Feb. 1,
2006 at:
http://www.lsoft.com/news/choiceawards.asp