"A. Harry Williams" <HARRY@MARIST>
Mon, 09 Mar 87 09:10:24 EST
A lot of material about this link problem has gone out recently.  Having
spent some time last week at Share talking to various people about the
problem, here are some personal notes:

  - OHSTVMA is running RSCS V2 and PSUVM is running V1.  This forces PSUVM
to use the NJI line driver, which does NOT block messages on V1.  (IBM
has acknowledged this fact, but for some reason OHSTVMA disputs it.)

  - PSUVM is not licensed for V2 yet, but OHSTVMA is still licensed for
V1 and in fact is still running it.  The simplest test will be for OHSTVMA
to return to V1, which hopefully they have been convinced to do this week.

  - A large part of the network is connected through OHSTVMA.  In fact PSUVM
is closer to the middle of the network than CUNYVM.  We need to look are
how things are distributed across this link.  Those interested in helping
to do this(work, not just talk) should subscribe to the TRAFIC-L list at
BITNIC.

  - The Arpa Digests are a localize problem that also sometime aggrevates
PSUVM-OHSTVMA.  We are looking into using DISTRIBUTE to help alleviate
this problem.

/ahw