Sat, 3 May 2014 17:50:42 -0400
That's a start, but there are LOTS of conditions that may yield that
result. To proceed further you will need to gather additional information.

What do you see in the log file on your internet-facing SMTP incoming
host, around the time the subscriber says they sent a message to the
list?  You need this information to find out whether or not the AOL
system actually tried, or not, to deliver the message to your server.
If you don't know exactly when they sent the message, search the log
file for everything with "AOL" in it for a few days before you became
aware of the issue.

If your site has a spam-filter implemented, what do you see in the log
file for that?  Again, look for anything with "AOL" in it during the
last few days.

What do you see in the LISTSERV log file around the time of the message?
  The message might be triggering internal spam detection, or might be
considered duplicate, or some other issue, but the only way to know is
to locate the log entries.

I would look in the LISTSERV log file first.  If you find that messages
from AOL are arriving there then you may not have to look at the other
logs.  Until you present the details from the log files, we can't give
you any more advice.