Jessica Rasku <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 7 Sep 1999 16:07:48 -0700
On Tue, 7 Sep 1999, KEVIN MCKENZIE wrote:

> If this is the wrong procedure for doing such a thing then we have been
> doing it wrong for years, on thousands of lists.  But on the same hand it
> has worked for us for years this way as well.  The person who is listed as
> the Quiet Owner can send to the list and never get the postings, now
> obviously if you subscribed them then that would change that!

        Personaly, I wouldn't do that with any of my lists.  If you want a
person to be able to POST, you don't want them as an ``owner'', because
that is a matter of giving them full power over the list, which is
unnescesary.  You could make them an editor, which should have the same
effect (at least if the list is edited), but grant them no list owner
rights.  You can also subscribe them, and set them to nomail.  Which will
allow them to post (provided ``mere'' subscribers can post), without
recieving list mail.
        I personaly, think that edited lists are for the most part, the
way to go, as that provides the oportunity for accepting non-member posts,
even accepting them DIRECTLY, by adding specific addresses to the editor
list.  But, that's what I'd do.  No, what you've done isn't wrong, but
it's certianly not the way *I* would go about it...

                                                        Jessica

--
Jessica Rasku, Box 270, Rossland, B.C., V0G 1Y0, (250) 362-5701,
LinuxBox: (250) 362-9668.

List manager: [log in to unmask]
     send command help ---- To get help with majordomo
               or lists ---- To get a list of all lists on server.