"David Boyes (Network Postmaster)" <556@OREGON1>
Tue, 24 May 88 13:34:40 PST
I have  been ordered by the  administration here to prepare  OREGON1 for
permanent shutdown within the next few  months, to be replaced by one of
the new 6xxx Vax/VMS systems. Part  of this process, of course, involves
moving  all  the  subscribers  to our  LISTSERV  lists,  changing  owner
addresses,  etc,  etc.  Thus,  I  have some  requests  to  the  LISTSERV
postmasters out there:

1) We currently host the following lists:

   PC-L    Info-IBMPC  redistribution   ~300  subscribers
   MAC-L   Info-Mac redistribution      ~300 "
   SAS-L   SAS  (tm) discussion         ~150 "
   SPSSX-L SPSSx discussion             ~150 "

Is anyone (preferably on the west coast) willing to pick up these lists?
Please contact me ASAP if you can.

2)  Support for  LDBASE.COM (my  VMS  version of  the LISTSERV  database
interface)  will be  moving to  my research  account, DBOYES@UOREGON  or

I'm  not happy  AT  ALL about  this.  Anybody need  a  slightly used  VM
programmer/consultant? Will travel...

P.S.  -- Gosh,  this was  like  writing an  epitaph for  a friend.  Does
everyone go through this when a good machine shuts down? 8-)