Brad Knowles <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 8 May 1997 19:37:25 -0400
Your message dated: Thu, 08 May 1997 19:28:28 EDT

> In message <[log in to unmask]>, Jered J Floyd writes:
> >
> > Something similar may have happened at Prodigy; but the one that springs
> > to mind for me is when America OnLine decided 'breast' was not an
> > appropriate word for member profiles or chat rooms, and zapped a bunch of
> > users in a Breast Cancer Survivors forum on AOL.
> >
> >   <http://cgi.pathfinder.com/netly/editorial/0,1012,29,00.html>
>
> You're right, that was AOL. Oh, that's just too perfect.

    Yup, AOL does some pretty stupid stuff, too.  One of my
favourites was when they banned a certain word that also kept you
from discussing Shiitake mushrooms.

    However, that doesn't change my views on the original subject.

--
Brad Knowles                                MIME/PGP: [log in to unmask]
    Senior Unix Administrator              <http://www.his.com/~brad/>