Mon, 20 Nov 2006 12:32:18 -0600
I am attempting to install the latest version of Listserv and include
DBMS support for Oracle and, hopefully, MS SQL Server through
FreeTDS. I am running into some problems. If anyone can answer any of
the below questions or has set up things similarly to my environment,
I'd love to hear from you.

The environment is:
-> MS SQL and Oracle systems would be remote from the Listserv server.
-> Listserv 14.5 1.8e on Solaris 9 (Attempting to run Solaris.bin to
install listserv into
	/opt/listserv).
-> FreeTDS version 0.64 installed into /opt/freetds
-> unixODBC ver. 2.2.12 installed in /opt/unixODBC

And the part I am less sure about:
-> I installed the Basic Lite Oracle Client package (plus ODBC
addition) in to /opt/oracleOCI. I got the
	files here: http://www.oracle.com/technology/software/tech/oci/
instantclient/htdocs/sol64soft.html

When I attempt to run Solaris.bin, I keep getting these errors:

> Would you like to run 'make install' right now?
> -n [y/n]
> ld: fatal: library -lclntsh: not found
> ld: fatal: library -lodbc: not found
> ld: fatal: File processing errors. No output written to lsv
> make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `lsv_prog'
> Current working directory /home/src/objss9/listserv-14.5-1.8e
> make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `lsv'
> Current working directory /home/src/objss9/listserv-14.5-1.8e
> make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `install'

So my questions are:

1. Do I have the right OCI from Oracle (is it an OCI at all)? Right
now, I've got this file: /opt/oracleOCI/libsqora.so.10.1 Does someone
have a link to the proper files on Oracle's site?

1. a. The "relinking" process for getting DBMS support in listserv is
not something I am familiar with; what exactly is happening at this
point in the install? Is there an ENV variable that needs set to get
the 'make' work?

2. Has anyone gotten FreeTDS (this takes unixODBC, correct?) to work
against MS SQL with Listserv?
2. a. Any 'gotchas'?
2. b. What other methods have been successful for connecting MS SQL
server and listserv?

Thanks!

Mike Neuharth, BA, LPIC-1
Email/UNIX System Administrator
Internet Services, University of Minnesota
"What is important, it seems to me, is not so much to defend a culture
whose existence has never kept a man from going hungry, as to extract,
from what is called culture, ideas whose compelling force is identical
with that of hunger."  -Antonin Artaud