Ben Parker <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 13 Mar 2001 12:19:56 -0700
On Tue, 13 Mar 2001 12:38:54 -0500, "Margaret J. Brandt" <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:

>Can I edit these using vi before I move them from UNIX to NT?

*.LIST files in the LISTSERV 'main' directory  (usually ~/listserv/home in unix
and \LISTSERV\MAIN in NT) are binary files and must never be edited directly.
If you do an email command GET from the unix version and then modify the file
while in email/text form and then do a PUT onto NT (as recommended in the Site
Mgr manual) then yes, of course you can perform necessary changes at this point.
However this is not the same a directly editing the file on the machine.