Nathan Brindle <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 4 Oct 1996 15:08:29 EDT
On Fri, 4 Oct 1996 09:26:00 EST Cox, J. Michael said:
>What we'd like to do is put the files on the system via ftp, then make
>the files available to listserv.  Can we do this by just editing the
>system.catalog file?  The docs are unclear on the workstation file
>system.

You make a site.catalog file that is in the same format as system.catalog
for this.  If you edit system.catalog, it will get overwritten at the next
upgrade.  But otherwise, technically I don't see why you couldn't do this.

>Eventually, what we'd like to do is remote mount our larger ftp server to
>the listserv host via nfs and make all the files available.  Is anyone
>doing this?

I can't speak directly to this, but if the files are available via standard
means (e.g., if the NFS drive maps to a DOS drive letter) then it ought
to be possible.  It's not something I've tried or have any intention of
trying any time soon, so your mileage may vary. :)

Nathan