Eric Thomas <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 28 Jan 1991 16:12:59 +0100
On Thu, 24 Jan 1991 16:04:21 EST "Duane D. Weaver" <WEAVER@OHSTVMA> said:
>IS there any way to take a log file of a list and somehow break it up
>into individual mail files for the user?

Sigh. You use XEDIT  to break up the log file  into individual CMS files,
each of them with a single message  and without the '====' line. Then you
add a 'To:  whatever <userid@node>' line to each of  these files, to make
them look  the same as what  normally shows up in  that person's mailbox.
Finally, you arrange for  the file to show up in  that person's reader in
PUNCH format,  class M, with  a name of  'listname MAIL'. This  all seems
pretty straightforward to me - just recreate the spool files the way they
would have appeared in his reader if they had not been lost.

  Eric