Stan Horwitz <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 30 Apr 2002 21:20:33 -0400
On Tue, 30 Apr 2002, Brian Bohlmann wrote:

> We're trying to find out if it is possible to automate the changing of email
> addresses across multiple lists. This would also include owner and editor
> addresses. I know I can use the "change * address1 address2" command to
> change a subscriber address across multiple lists, but what about the
> addresses in the list header, such as owner and editor.I basically want to
> search all lists for the occurance of an address and then change that
> address. Has anyone found way to do this in an autmated fashion?

As far as I can see, the only way to accomplish what you want would be to
write a script to run on your Listserv to take the output of each list
from the listview command, pipe it through something like sed to make the
change, then write the output back to the original file, on a per list
basis. The specific details of this depend on which operating system your
Listserv runs under.