Ben Parker <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 27 Jun 2018 12:29:50 -0600
On Wed, 27 Jun 2018 16:49:41 +0000, Jim Liebgott <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:

>Is there a way to update the wa CGI binary in the linux version 16.0 without doing a full install of the latest version?  I really only need to mitigate the XSS vulnerability in the wa binary; I don't want to have to go through a full version upgrade.

If you go to the LISTSERV download page on the L-Soft web site, below the
section for the various flavors of Unix kits is this note:

"Note: The Unix downloads above are compressed binary installers designed to
simplify the installation process. If you want complete control over all
aspects of the installation, the downloads are also available as tar.Z
archives."

The phrase "tar.Z" is actually a link to another download page where you can
download the correct tarball for your flavor of Unix.  Download that kit and
uncompress/untar and you will find the 'wa' CGI that you need.  Manually
copy 'wa' to the proper location for your system, ensure the ownership and
access privs are set correctly and you are done.

You did not state what version you are running currently, but most likely a
full upgrade is still the recommended choice as there are improvements in
many areas of LISTSERV and there are some interdependencies between LISTSERV
and 'wa' that are version dependent.