Jennifer Hill <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 5 May 1997 13:55:11 -0400
Our organization, the Northeast Business Environment Network, is a 501(c)(3)
nonprofit organization which has need of an automatic mailing list. Our
mission is to support environmental excellence as a competitive advantage.
NBEN brings together environmental, health & safety officers of
manufacturing firms in New England with government officials and
environmental groups to discuss regulatory compliance, pollution prevention
and environmental management systems.

We currently have a pilot email discussion group run through a board
member's email. It has grown in the past 5 months to the size that we need
to set-up a real listserve. We would like to start two unmoderated
listserves:  NBEN-talk and NBEN-open. We have developed preliminary
guidelines for each. The intent is to provide companies and government a
forum for sharing information to improve company performance with regard to
the environment.

NBEN-open would have around 75 members and traffic would be approximately
10-20 messages per week. Membership would be open to anyone interested in
pollution prevention and better environmental, health and safety performance
in manufacturing. This is a specific technical topic, and we expect activity
on the list to build slowly. NBEN-talk would be open to members only and
have approximately 10 messages per week.

If you are interested in sponsoring one or both of these lists, please
contact me directly via email as I do not follow this discussion group.

Thank you.
Jennifer Hill
Executive Director
Northeast Business Environmental Network
NBEN is a nonpolitical forum for businesses, government agencies, and
environmental groups who support environmental excellence as a competitive
advantage.
PO Box 806                      (508) 557-5475
56 Island Street                (508) 557-5493 fax
Lawrence, MA 01842-1606         http://www.nben.org