BOB STRINGFIELD <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 3 Dec 1992 08:46:32 CET
Sorry for the crossing posting but I have ponder and agonized over this
long enough.  As most know and if you do not then the situation is this.
The Department of Defense is undergoing change and for some of us it means
no job.  In view of that  a friend asked me to use the internet to gather
employment information which eventually evolved into a mail-list discussion
forum 'EMPLOY'.

EMPLOY grew and grew until it has over 600 individual addresses and
more then 20 sub-lists and is still growing.

Good?  Well yes and no.  Administering a list is 'hard' word especially
when it is being do ne manually!  Now the only person that was assisting
me is leaving tomorrow and the systems administrator that was holding
the electronic strings together must be at his next job NLT 10 Jan
and my situation is day-to-day.  (i heard that -- what does he want?)

What am I looking for?  A host and administration support for employ.
Since I do a vast a of the work from a dial-back modem setup
I would be able to help but the subscribers want this to continue.

It has so many things just starting.  UseNet newsgroup (dod.jobs) and
some type feed being set up in Baltimore.  Could be more, kinda lost
track.

If you are interested and need more details, please contact me...

Robert (Bob) L. Stringfield      Mainz Army Depot
UNIT 24218  P.O. Box 52:  APO AE 09185
COML (No ETS or Autovon available): 06131-696328 (Germany)
FAX: 06131-696467  IRC Nick - DeathStar (:ds)
                   Truth:  IGNORANCE hates knowledge....