Ron Page <ICSRXP@ASUACAD>
Fri, 12 Jan 90 14:44:31 MST
I previously posted questions about using LISTSERV as a repository for
consulting questions which are distributed to consultants on duty.  The only
people who can subscribe are the consultants which are also owners of the
list.  They ADD themselves when they are ready to answer questions.  They
DELete themselves when they are done consulting

The problem is that I always want at least one person subscribed so that
the questions do not fall on deaf ears (i.e. archived only).  I have a
front end exec that actually sends LISTSERV the commands, so I could do
the checking here.  I would prefer not to wait for a mail item to get back
and have my program read the mail item.

Any solution is acceptable, but I'm wondering if a facility exists to query
LISTSERV about who is subscribed, or the number of people subscribed.  Does
anyone have a suggestion?   A trick?  Perhaps coding an exit?

- Ron     5-5312