Michele Francis <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 14 Jun 2013 15:38:14 +0000
HI, no the statement is in the listserv log.  There are hundreds of the same statement and I would like to stop them or cut down on this notice in the log.
Thanks.

[log in to unmask], NAU Information Technology Services
-----Original Message-----
From: LISTSERV site administrators' forum [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Valdis Kletnieks
Sent: Friday, June 14, 2013 6:59 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: get listname FILELIST in logs

On Fri, 14 Jun 2013 00:28:24 -0000, Michele Francis said:
> Does anyone have any details to share about a statement in logs, "GET listname FILELIST (MSG"?  I have too many that I would like to stop.

Is it arriving via email or the web interface?

If via e-mail, use standard methods to block based on source.

If via HTTP, it's probably a spider, so use robots.txt to block it, and/or change the list archives visibility.  Of course, doing that will reduce the ability of Google to find your postings.  Not sure it will affect Bing any however (the Bing spiders appear to be on crack anyhow, based on what my Apache logs say.  I remain unconvinced that Bing is able to index a Listserv site even without robots.txt stopping it).

write to: mailto:[log in to unmask]
or click the following link: