"Gilmore,Mindy" <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 6 May 2004 15:55:06 -0400
Thank you all for the comments.   I know I need to get to those headers, but
they just can't figure out how to send them and what I am talking about.

-----Original Message-----
From: Listserv Admin [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Thursday, May 06, 2004 3:38 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [LSTSRV-L] wits end

On Thu, 6 May 2004, Stan Horwitz wrote:

> You would need to check the log file for the Listserv that hosts your
> list. Also, without seeing the headers of the message, it is damned
> near impossible to address such questions.

I've had many many such complaints and the biggest problem is getting the
full headers, so what I do is just send the person complaining this link:
http://www.spamcop.net/fom-serve/cache/19.html

for instructions, and tell them that I can't investigate until I get the
full e-mail headers of both messages.

Imagine my surprise in the most recent complaint, when the full headers were
the same.... it turns out that one person said, "Oh the mail I got had a
nice logo" and another said, "oh mine was just text, I bet two copies were
sent"...."ring ring ring".  It turns out that the list owner had always been
sending both a text version and html version, in the _same_ e-mail, and this
was indicated in the archives.

--Trish
--------
Trish Forrest