Eric Thomas <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 14 Jan 1992 15:46:08 +0100
On Sun, 12 Jan 1992 09:47:00 EST Stan Horwitz <OASIS@TEMPLEVM> said:

>It's  logged off and I don't
>know why!

You ought to have a system monitor checking on it and warning you and/or
taking automatic recovery action when something goes wrong. My server
crashed last night while I was in bed, but I didn't know it until I
reached the crash console log in my reader.

>What could be wrong?  Should I add another meg of  virtual memory to our
>Listserv's resources?

>RDR FILE 0352 SENT FROM MAILER   PUN WAS 3378 RECS 012K CPY  001 M
>NOHOLD NOKEEP
>12 Jan 1992 03:37:29 Processing file (0352) from MAILER@TEMPLEVM
>DMSFRO159E Insufficient storage available to satisfy free storage
>request from 0

The real question  is: do you need your server  to routinely process mail
files of  12,000 lines without  running out of  storage? If so,  you need
more  storage  than the  recommended  minimum.  If  not, you  should  set
MAILMAXL  to the  maximum  amount  of lines  you  accept  to process  for
incoming mail files.

  Eric