Virginia Metze <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 17 Aug 1995 13:29:16 CST

> What happens if someone takes the telephone and does the equivalent of a
> spam?  What if they hooked the phone to their pc, and had it dial number
> after number, and play some kind of recording to each person that answered?

        Some radical right wing jerks had the specialty of
        calling up low budget do-good-groups that they didn't
        like on their 800 number and rack up thousands of
        dollars of 800 number charges in order to drive them
        out of business.  They made the mistake of doing it
        from their offices and somehow got identified.  They
        are currently being sued.

        I think that this is a good analogy, and a good
        way to go after it.

        Class action suit by users who pay for email that
        they receive would also be good... maybe we
        can get all unsolicited 'bulk' mail and 'junk'
        mail...

        Ginny