Listserv Manager <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 6 May 1997 09:50:34 CDT
I don't think this is possible, but one of my list subscribers asked
this question, so I thought I would pass it on.

Listserv does a good job of Filtering bad people
(ie. * Filter= Also,badperson's-address).  It also does a pretty good
job at detecting spams when it notices the same message is posted to
multiple lists.

What we would like to do is filter posts which contain certain words or
phrases in the subject line.  Is this possible (an exit perhaps)?  The
lists in question are on a Listserv running on Solaris, so a procmail
script is a possibility (once I learn how to write a procmail script).

Could it be added to the wish list for some future version of Listserv?

While I'm asking, how about a way to look at the subject line for
certain words or phrases and set just that post to review?