Dan Lester <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 8 May 1997 19:27:17 -0600
At 07:04 PM 5/8/97 +0000, Francoise Becker wrote:
>The issue is that AOL has a choice between two ways of
>preventing that particular spamming venue:
>
>1) Ignoring (throwing away) the source routing, which complies
>   with the Internet standards and does not prevent legitimate
>   mail from going to AOL subscribers.
>
>2) Rejecting any post that contains the source routing, which
>   does not comply with Internet standards and does prevent
>   legitimate mail from going to AOL subscribers.
>
>AOL chose #2, and _that_ is what people are complaining about.

Amen.   I raised that issue earlier and Mr. AOL Unix God commented on
another point in the message and carefully ignored this exact issue.  He
also ignored why they should bounce it, thus increasing traffic on the net,
and AOLs own lines, and servers, instead of just dumping it in the
bitbucket.  Well, does AOL have an answer to that one yet?

still waiting....

dan

Dan Lester
In the kingdom of the blind, the one-eyed man is king.  Erasmus, 1534