Marty Hoag <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 1 Nov 1991 08:31:21 CST
On Fri, 1 Nov 1991 08:28:02 EDT you said:
>I'm not sure if this is an error with Listserv, Mailer, or FAL, but the
>following address is causing problems (underscore in node name).  LISTSERV
>allowed the subscription and Mailer processed it, but FAL seems to be
>dumping it now.  Any ideas what to do here?

   I'd try to get hac.com to fix their name!  I know that subdomains may begin
with a digit now but I don't see anything to make the underscore legal.
The definitions talk about  ldh-str (letter digit hyphen).  Perhaps Hac.com
meant that to be   ms-aspen.hac.com  which would be legal.  One of the
problems is that the SMTP (RFC821), mail (RFC822), and various dns RFCs
don't always use the same definitions for corresponding fields.

      Marty