Steve Schallehn <STEVE@KSUVM>
Thu, 1 Mar 90 02:38:00 CST
  Here at Kansas State University, we have need for a special listserv
group configuration and none of us know quite how to approach it.

We use a listserv group called CONSULT for answering questions
from local mainframe users.  This list uses automatic distribution
and is open for subscription to any user on the system.
This way, any more experienced users may view the answers
to the consulting questions.

The problem arises when a unsuspecting user sends mail to CONSULT
with his password, and account number included.  The mail is
automaticlly distributed to all subscribers.  Needless to say,
this could be a very bad security hole.

We are looking for a way to allow the consulting staff (a group of
10 or so people) to see the incoming messages but not have them
posted for the general list readership.  Also, we would like some
way for the consulting staff to be able to repost the answer to
the list allowing the other consultants and the general readership
to see the answer.

Any suggestions are welcome.

-Steve Schallehn
 KSU Consulting Group

Steve Schallehn           | Internet : STEVE @ KSUVM.KSU.EDU
Kansas State University   | UUCP : ..!rutgers!ksuvax1!ksuvm.bitnet!steve
Manhattan, Kansas 66506   | Bitnet   : STEVE @ KSUVM