Al Lilianstrom <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 28 Feb 2006 07:08:53 -0600
A.Omer Koker wrote:
> Follow up with people at spamcop.  More info at
> http://www.spamcop.net/bl.shtml .  They will give you a good idea of the
> offending message and if you do nag them enough they'll remove you from
> their hole.  However spamcop is susceptible to people complaining with
> NON-spam but from people who just don't like what you might have said or
> students who don't like you ;)

We got on their list for unspecified reasons. Numerous queries to the
people at spamcop brought no response. While spamcop may be a useful
service. The web page you mention is useless is diagnosing the 'problem'.

This line is great - "spam traps are secret, no reports or evidence are
provided by SpamCop"

Our advice to folks who are complaining about spamcop blocking our site
has been to complain to their local mail admins about relying on spamcop
for blocking mail. We use spamcop as part of a scoring system for spam
that determine delivery but never rely on a single system (esp one we
don't control) for blocking mail. I'm amazed that anyone does.

	al

--

Al Lilianstrom
CD/CSS/CSI