"Klaus Birkenbihl -- GMD-Z1.BN" <GRZ003@DBNGMD21>
Tue, 20 Dec 88 15:28:00 LCL
By chance I got a copy of Jose Maria's note LISTSEND V1.1
and I there is a need to make some corrections:

> Please note that the availability of LISTSEND V1.1 makes obsolete the previous
> version  of LISTSEND,  which  I will  no longer  support,  fix or  distribute.
> Following the new policy for volunteer  software, LISTSEND is NOT available to
> EARN users,  but only  to BITNET  and NetNorth.  I've moved  the EARN  AFDs to
> LISTSEND  EXEC to  a separate  file, which  I may  restore later  if the  EARN
> situation betters.

1. Jose Maria is not an EARN volunteer! It is his Job to
   contribute to the operation and development of EARN and DFN.
   He is paid for this by GMD.

2. Although GMD isn't allways in favour of EARN decissions
   GMD does not not support any strategy of imposing pressure
   on the EARN administration by selectively distributing
   technical solutions everywhere but within EARN. This is not
   a way to improove EARN, it is destructive.

3. Since Jose Maria is employed by GMD and since the developments
   he announced where on base of GMD-owned ressources he is not
   authorized to give any statements on the availability. This
   is especially true for strange and unjustified statements that
   do not agree to GMD policy.

So the best thing to do for now is to ignore Jose Maria's quoted
paragraph. I guess better news are to follow when Jose Maria is
back from hollidays.

Klaus Birkenbihl