Philip Kizer <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 6 Sep 1999 12:44:47 -0500
"Margaret J. Brandt" <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>I have had the same problem this week.  Let us know what you find out from
>YAHOO.

Still no sign of human contact, I _just_ got the second semi-auto response.

I say "semi-auto" because: I sent another mail message Friday, for which I
received a true auto-response, and then this comes in just now:

>From: [log in to unmask]
>
>Hello Philip,
>
>Thank you for your inquiry.
>Very few messages are simply lost in transit. Please make sure that the sender
>has actually sent the message and is able to send messages successfully to
>other users. If so, a number of things may have happened to result in the
>message not being received by you.
>
>1. The message arrived for you after you Signed in. [ ... ]
>
>2. The message was not addressed properly. [ ... ]
>
>3. Check to see if you have set your mail to be forwarded to another
>email address. [ ... ]
>
>4. It is possible (though perhaps unlikely) that the sender's address is on
>your blocked addresses list. [ ... ]
>
>5. The message was delayed. [ ... ]

And...we _are_ still seeing messages refused by their servers, searching
for a human/voice contact.  Maybe harassment from multiple postmasters
over their bad behavior will make some modicum of difference...

-philip

--
Philip Kizer <[log in to unmask]>
Texas A&M CIS Operating Systems Group, Unix