Stan Horwitz <[log in to unmask]>
Sat, 19 Jan 2008 07:24:38 -0500
I have a server that runs backup software 24x7. This backup software
has a feature that can send out email notifications on the status of
backups. I have this software set up to send email notifications to
several individuals and two listserv lists, depending on the event.
For some reason, starting yesterday (Jan. 18th) morning, email to one
list, but not the other, has stopped being distributed. The emails
come from this server's root account. If I log into that server and
send myself email from my account on it, I get the email and test
emails that I sent from my account to the list go through. But none of
the mails from the root account to just this specific list are going
through. Emails from the root account to a different list are being
distributed. Listserv's log does not show any evidence that the
messages were received by Listserv, but it does show entries for the
messages that were intended for the list that is working. There are no
messages for this list in ~listserv/spool either.

The missing emails do not show up on the list's web site. The mail.log
file on the sending server shows messages going to Listserv and being
accepted, but I am not sure if they are for the list that works or the
list that doesn't work. I am at a loss as to why this is occurring and
how to fix it. Both the sending server and the Listserv server are
running Sendmail. I am using Listserv 14.5. If anyone has any
suggestions on how to fix this problem and why it suddenly occurred
after several years of working fine, please let me know.

--
Stan Horwitz

CONFIDENTIALITY STATEMENT: The information contained in this e-mail,
including attachments, is the confidential information of, and/or is
the property of, Temple University. The information is intended for
use solely by the individual or entity named in the e-mail. If you are
not an intended recipient or you received this in error, then any
review, printing, copying, or distribution of any such information is
prohibited. Please notify the sender immediately by reply e-mail and
then delete this e-mail from your system.