Mark Evangelista <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 15 Dec 1992 10:39:22 EST
On Tue, 15 Dec 1992 08:48:24 CST <SGBKC@TTUVM1> said:
>FROM Bryan Carson
>  We have recently converted from Profs to OV/VM R2 on a VM/XA
>machine.  I have a few users complaining about the Listserv (1.7d)
>forward function not working with userids defined to OV.

   OV/VM users no longer get their OV "mail" sent to their
   virtual reader.  Instead it is held by the mailbox manager
   service machine GISMBX.

>Userids
>not defined to OV seem to work fine.

   UserIds not defined to OV/VM still get their mail in the old
   PROFS way.

   I see that you are using PUMP.  Customers who require their
   mail forwarded can be in the RFC822 USERS file.  Their
   mail will be converted to RFC822 format and handled by your MTA.
   If you are using MAILER, it can do the forwarding.

   A couple of notes:  Whenever just one person gets mail converted
   by PUMP, all the other non-PUMP recipients will get their mail
   punched to their reader rather than through the mailbox manager.

   We experience problems whenever someone sent a note and ".CC"ed
   someone in the RFC822 USERS file.  Sometimes, they would receive
   headers only, no body.  There might be a fix, but we have not
   pursued this.

Cheers.

Mark Evangelista          * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
                          *   Bitnet: EVANGEL@GUVM                    *
Georgetown University     * Internet: [log in to unmask] *
Washington, DC, USA       * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *