"Burnett, James R." <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 20 Nov 2000 13:37:43 -0600
FYI, I think I just answered my own question.  Apparently if you ADD a list
to the listserv, this will force the loclist.file to update.  Not very
elegant, but it seems to work.  Deleting lists does not have an effect on
the loclist.file.

If anyone knows of another way to do this, please let me know.

        -----Original Message-----
        From:   Burnett, James R.
        Sent:   Monday, November 20, 2000 1:22 PM
        To:     'LISTSERV give-and-take forum'
        Subject:        LOCLIST.FILE--how to update it?

        Hi,
        I am running scripts that use the \listserv\main\loclist.file.
LOCLIST.FILE is maintained by the ListServ software and contains a current
index of the lists available. I have scripts that  process this file to
generate their own output.

        My question is that the loclist.file doesn't seem to be updating.
I've tried restarting the services, but to no avail.  Any ideas on how to
get this file to update?

        Thanks,
        Jim