Douglas Palmer <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 4 May 2004 18:53:58 -0400
On Tue, 4 May 2004, Rich Greenberg wrote:

> } easier web-based method of doing it would be beneficial. I can see the
>
> Here i disagree.  Leave it difficult and obscure.  That way a listowner
> will think twice about the deletion and decide its not worth the
> effort.

How about a compromise? Actually, the ideal solution here (it is a rare
need, but a real pain because when we need to do it, it can be of the
highest priority) would be the ability to enter the MSG-ID on the list
management page somewhere, have it pull up the possible matching message
and allow me to check off the ones I want deleted from the archive and the
current digest. It would then ask for verification, send a message to the
list-owner with a notice that it had been done and by whom and then,
finally, remove the offending message(s).

-- DCP