"Bitnet Mgr. at Dept. of Energy Hqs." <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 29 Jan 1992 10:37:46 EST
On Thu, 23 Jan 1992 18:01:15 +0100 Eric Thomas said:
>(answering two questions in one message)
>
>BITMAN: LISTSERV should be able to handle this. Please do a TELL LISTSERV
>CMS GLOBALV SELECT LISTSERV LIST SP6; the value of the variable should be
>1 if you  are running under CMS7,  if not your CMSPROG field  in NUCON is
>screwed up  and this  is the problem.

Bingo!  We had a local err, umm, circumvention, yeah, thats the word, in
place for a previous problem with XA SP where the value was wrong.  We were
doing a STORE into that field from the PROFILE exec, and neglected to remove
it when it was no longer needed.

Sorry for crying wolf.

Roger D. Parish
U.S. Dept. of Energy Hqs.