"Margaret J. Brandt" <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 2 Sep 1999 14:38:09 -0400
Hello,

I just inherited the LISTSERV's from someone who left and, as usual, there
is no information to be passed down and no overlap for training.  I have
downloaded all of the appropriate documentation from L-Soft, but I still
cannot get any new lists to work.  They all tell me "user unknown".  Here is
my Header and the info that I put in my alias file.  I am running 1.8c on a
Dec Alpha Unix box.

HEADER

PUT LISTTRAIN-L.LIST PW=XXXXXX
* Listserv Training Session List
*
* Review= Private Subscription= CLOSED Send= Private
* Notify= Yes Reply-to= List, Respect Files= No
* Validate= No
* Notebook= No
* Confidential= Yes
* Errors-To= Owner
* Owner= [log in to unmask] (Margaret Brandt)
* Editor= [log in to unmask]

ALIAS FILE

####listtrain-l LIST
listtrain-l: [log in to unmask]
owner-listtrain-l: [log in to unmask]
listtrain-l-request: [log in to unmask]
listtrain-l-search-request: [log in to unmask]
listtrain-l-server: [log in to unmask]

What am I doing wrong?

Margaret Brandt
MMS/NEJM