Jeffrey R Kell <JEFF@UTCVM>
Thu, 29 Mar 90 15:36:40 EST
Is there some hardcoded filter that discards messages from OPERATOR in
the LISTSERV code?  We are finally trying to automate our shutdown routines
to cleanly close out all our service machines and I can't get LISTSERV to
accept any commands from OPERATOR.  The userid is in the 'postmast' string
in LOCAL SYSVARS, and is not in the 'ignore' list either.  Messages via
tell, MSG, or SMSG don't even get logged on the LISTSERV console.

I know 'enabling' operator will confuse it on global messages/warnings but
that's the way they would prefer it.

/Jeff/