Paul Russell <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 2 Sep 2010 13:50:00 -0400
On 9/1/2010 22:50, MIke Ober wrote:
> We have a new list request but it needs to have an incoming  address
> that is different from the default name our listserv is running on.
> I added an entry  under MyDomain  but when  the post is incoming it is
> rejected  with:    550 Recipient not local.
>
> Am I missing something or is this not possible
>
> thanks
> MIke

That error message is being issued by the mail server software, not by the LISTSERV
software.  If you intend to host multiple domains on a single server, you must configure
the LISTSERV software, the mail server software, and the web server software to accept all
of the domain names.  If mail for your LISTSERV server is routed through other mail
servers before it reaches your LISTSERV server, those servers may also need configuration
changes so that they will properly route messages for the hosted domains.

Search the list archives for "virtual host"; you will find numerous posts, including
several with hints and tips on how to do what you're trying to do.

--
Paul Russell, Senior Systems Administrator
OIT Messaging Services Team