Nathan Brindle <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 23 Aug 1995 14:33:55 EDT
On Thu, 24 Aug 1995 11:05:00 -0400 Kenneth Udut said:

>This is a bit sloppy, but it should work, especially if you
>read/reply to e-mail offline, so that everything happens in
>sequence:

Actually there's an easier way (do a GET (NOLOCK, QUIET SET listname MAIL
NODIGEST FOR *@*, send your mail, PUT the original list back.  But it's still
sloppy and not recommended because with the list in an unlocked state, people
can still sub, unsub, and change options, meaning that you might zap some
things with the re-PUT.  I do NOT recommend this.  I repeat, I do NOT
recommend this.  The DISTRIBUTE job that I recommended earlier is the
way this should be done.

>This should work, shouldn't it, Eric?

Technically yes, but you're playing with fire...:)

Nathan