Christine Code <[log in to unmask]>
Sun, 20 Oct 1996 20:11:24 -0700
I'm looking for a sponsor site to host a Listserv or Majordomo mailing list
about domestic ferrets. Any volunteers?

The list I propose will provide a forum where ferret owners can ask
questions and get advice from people who have had ferrets for years. Ferrets
are great house-pets, but they're still a bit unusual and are not "easy"
pets the way cats and dogs are. It's essential that ferret owners learn to
meet their ferrets' special medical, nutritional, and social needs. This
list will help to provide a community in which people will learn more about
their ferrets.

There is already one mailing list for ferret owners, although it is
different from what I have in mind. The list which already exists is heavily
moderated, and sends out one digest version posting each evening. The list I
plan to start will not be moderated, and users will be able to receive
individual messages if they wish, instead of one large message each evening.

I already run a small regional list for Vancouver ferret owners. (It's a
majordomo list.) I have begun to receive subscription requests from people
hundreds of miles away, because their needs are not being met on the
existing international ferret mailing list, and they are looking for a list
that will provide the sort of ferret community they seek. I'd like to
provide that.

My ISP has very limited resources for mailing list administration, and is
unable to host the list I propose. If any of you can sponsor this list by
allowing me to run it on your site, I'll be most grateful, and so will a lot
of ferret owners.

I don't usually follow the discussion here, so please send replies to me by
e-mail. Thank you!

cmc

--
Christine Code                     We shall find peace.
Vancouver, CANADA                  We shall hear the angels,